Hi 👋 friends! Here is a #meatlessmonday recipe idea for you! Baked tofu with peanut sauce and coconut lime rice 🍚 Delicious 😋 and ready in about an hour 👍 This is a full meal recipe with the protein, carb, and veggies 😉
Baked Tofu on Cilantro Rice
2 tbsp of peanut or vegetable oil
2/3 cup of lime juice and zest of 1 lime
Salt and black pepper
1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, stemmed and very thinly sliced lengthwise
1 cup long-grain rice (we like jasmine)
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp of miso paste
1 tbsp of grated ginger
1 tbsp of fish sauce
2 tsp of chopped habanero pepper or 1 tbsp of sambal
2 tbsp of honey or molasses
2 (14-oz) package of extra-firm tofu, drained, sliced lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick
3 cups of arugula
2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1/2 cup of thinly sliced red onion
3 tbsp of soy sauce/tamari
3 tbsp of rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir 4 tbsp of lime juice with 1/2 tsp of salt until salt dissolves. Add sliced peppers and red onion, a few cracks of black pepper, and set aside in the fridge.
3. In a small pot, combine the rice with one cup of water and the coconut milk. Season with salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on medium-low heat until rice is tender - about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, until its time to serve.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk 4 tbsp of lime juice, with the peanut butter, miso, ginger, fish sauce, habanero/sambal, peanut/vegetable oil, vinegar, and 1 tbsp of honey. Mix and thin with water. Season to taste with salt.
5. Toss the tofu with olive oil, soy sauce, and lime juice. Coat tofu with corn starch. Bake at 400 degrees on an oiled baking sheet for 30 min. Flip half-way through baking time. If you want extra veggies then thinly slice some carrots and include with the tofu.
6. Divide greens, add the lime zest, and green onion into bowls. Fluff the rice and put on top of the greens. Add tofu, liberally use the sauce to dress, and then include the pickled peppers/onions. Sprinkle with cilantro and additional green onion. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
If you liked this recipe, tag us on Instagram at @GreatMeals.ca