Hi 👋🏽 friends! It’s been a while… but we’re back with a sushi 🍣 bake! It’s the perfect sharing dish…great for when we’re all socially ready for potlucks and parties again! 😬👍🏽 Just be conscious that we may not all be ready to be 100% social right away… so be patient with your friends 🤗
1. Wash and rinse the sushi rice until the water is clear. Cook in a rice cooker. Once the rice is cooked, season with rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. It may look wet so keep stirring, it will dry out when it cools. Transfer in a baking tray (9x13) and set aside.
2. On a baking tray, place the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Put a little bit of olive oil so it won't stick on the tray. Bake for 8 minutes at 395°F. Once cooked, shred the salmon using a fork and set it aside.
3. Using an electric hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy.
4. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, imitation crab meat, cream cheese mayonnaise, and sriracha sauce. Mix until well combined. Put on top of the cooked sushi rice and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes at 365°F until the top is lightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven, arrange the sliced avocado, drizzle sriracha sauce and kewpie mayonnaise on top and sprinkle some furikake seasoning, green onion, and edamame.
6. To serve, scoop a tablespoon of sushi bake, place it on top of roasted seaweed, wrap and eat! Enjoy!