What is the secret to cooking a perfect 🥩 #Roast? See the recipe below for the tips we received from our neighborhood butcher.
We served our roast with a chimichurri sauce, roasted carrots 🥕, rapini and potatoes 🥔!
- 3lb Rib Roast
- 4 Cloves Finely Chopped Garlic
- Optional: Other Spices such as Rosemary, Thyme, and Oregano
- Try to ensure that the roast 🥩 is room temperature before you start.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the roast generously with salt 🧂 and pepper. Feel free to add other spices as well! We love to include garlic🧄, thyme, oregano, and rosemary with our seasoning.
- Place the roast on a pan. We love using the Ikea KONICS roasting pan for its versatility. Put the roast in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Don't forget to line the pan for easy clean up after!
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees F and bake at 20 minutes per pound. For a 3 lb roast, this will be 1 hour.
- Start checking the internal temperature after 40 minutes (for a 3-pound roast). Perfect internal temperature for medium-rare is 130 degrees F.
- Once it's reached its internal temperature, take the roast out of the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.