When we want to make something special without taking hours in the kitchen in the morning, we love to make avocado 🥑 toast, Anthony Bourdain’s famous scrambled eggs 🍳 (made with bacon 🥓 and chives), fried potatoes 🥔, and fruit on the side 🍓.
This recipe for scrambled eggs is simple and quick with an unexpected ingredient… sour cream! This might sound crazy but the addition of sour cream to this dish makes for unbelievably fluffy eggs that harmoniously mixes with the bacon and chives to elevate your breakfast skills to drool worthy status.
Be warned though… once you start making this for your family, it will be always requested! 😍🤤
1/2 Cup Bacon Sliced into thin strips (about 3 strips of regular bacon)
4 Eggs, Whisked
1/8 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Chives
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- Heat a medium pan (we prefer 10" or larger) over medium-high heat
- Whisk eggs in a bowl with salt until mostly combined. You want to see some separation between the whites and yellows and not a homogenous mixture.
- Add bacon and cook, stirring frequently until bacon is crispy and golden. About 4-5 minutes.
- Once the bacon is cooked, transfer the bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate keeping the bacon fat in the pan.
- Lower the heat to your range's lowest setting and add eggs to the pan and stir constantly until almost set.
- Stir in the sour cream, chives, and bacon. Completely remove from heat. Continue cooking the eggs using the residual heat from the pan with light stirring until fully set.