Who has leftover cranberries from thanksgiving? Us 🙋♀️🙋♂️ So we made this tasty cocktail – called The Polished Princess! Thanks @thespruceeats for the recipe! It’s a great one if you love fruity (and a bit tart) drinks that are foamy 🍹 – which is right up our alley!
For those who look at the recipe and think vanilla vodka will be too sweet, we first thought so too, but don’t worry! The sweetness of the vodka perfectly balances out the tart and sour notes from the cranberries and lemon to make this fun holiday drink.
We modified the original recipe to make it a little bit more fruit-forward, as well as a little less sweet. We also substituted the ingredients with what we had at home to make the deliciousness you see here. If you’re interested in viewing the original recipe, you can do so on The Spruce Eats website.
10 fresh cranberries (you can use frozen and de-thawed if fresh isn't available)
1/8 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Agave or Simple Syrup
1-1/2 oz Absolute Vanilla Vodka
1 egg white
Garnish: 4 fresh cranberries
- In a cocktail shaker, add the cranberries and muddle well.
- Add the lemon juice, agave, and cinnamon and muddle one more time combining all ingredients well.
- Add the vanilla vodka and egg white and dry shake without ice until your drink has a nice head of foam.
- Add ice to fill the shaker and shake again to chill.
- Strain into a champagne flute or martini glass and add fresh cranberries for garnish.