We are making buttermilk pancakes 🥞 for breakfast today! On the side are sunny side eggs 🍳, bacon 🥓and fried potatoes 🥔
- If you have time, let the buttermilk, milk and eggs sit out for an hour before baking to get to room temperature and you'll get increased fluff.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it's just blended together. Do not overmix! Leave small lumps of flour that break open when dropping the mixture into the pan.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
1. Serve with fruit, butter, syrup, jam, or powdered sugar
2. This can be made without the egg and increasing the milk